Monday, November 26, 2012

Sunday


Sunday usually start with an early morning service at Nairobi Chapel. The 9am service it the one that I have been attending. It is only a 10minute drive from where I am living so I usually take a bus and walk one block to the church. The church is set up in an open field. Gravel has been placed down for cars to park in front of the church. The church itself consists of 6 huge tents that have been merged together to create one big open space. There is a stage with speakers, lights, and microphones. Two cameras stands are located in the sea of plastic chairs that are lined up for the audience. Live footage is projected on three different screens so that the entire congregation can see what is happening on stage. The church attracts a large number of people every Sunday who come for the 9 and the 11 o’clock services that last about 2 hours. The church also has numerous ministries and ways to get involved with the larger community. A few of the people that I work with also go to Nairobi Chapel and if lucky I can get a ride back to my apartment in their car.
            After church I usually make a Sunday brunch. Just something to get me till dinner. Recently I have made pancakes (yes, there are a few things I can cook) for myself because I really like breakfast food! The rest of the day is more relaxed. I find time to doing some cleaning and laundry. It is also a good time to write new blogs and reflect on the past week events.

No comments:

Post a Comment